Find Balance, Find You: A Nature Immersion Retreat
October 16-17, 2021 | Kate Bast of Shinrin-Yoku Madison, Krista Pfohl of The Awakened Center, Marci Speich of Backyard Yoga and foraging expert Vince Aiello are all teaming up with Moira of Hike and Heal Wellness for a weekend of deep nature connection, healing and wonderment. Immerse yourself in the sensory experience of forest therapy, while learning how to integrate it into your everyday life for optimal well-being. Peel away the layers of stress and experience alignment to your highest vibration through Yoga & sound healing meditation. Learn about local plants & fungi for safe foraging in Autumn to receive the phytonutritional benefits of wild flora. Your guides will help open the door, while nature does the healing. Location is at Rooted Soul Farm Retreats in Columbus, WI. Price starts at $295 with longer immersions as optional add-ons. Email Moira for a group rates and/or educator discounts. Scroll down for more details on the event.
The Important Details
Dates: October 16-17, 2021
Sleeping: This is an optional overnight tent camping experience. Tents/tarps can be supplied if wanted. Plan to bring your own personal camping gear like a sleeping pad (cot/air mattress), sleeping bag, etc
Device Policy: leave your phone/camera in your car & connect with your loved ones (if needed) at night before bed. OR benefit from a complete unplug-- print a map to get to our location and leave it at home! Tell your family and friends where you are going and check in when you return home. Your guides will provide you with their cell phone numbers so your family can get ahold of us if needed.
COVID-19 Safety Plan: See precautions below
This is a rain or shine event. If forecast shows storms that would make it unsafe to be outside, we will have an alternate plan (there will be shelters to use on-site for group work and protection from the elements). If you should need to cancel, here is our cancellation policy.
Who will Benefit?
Simply put, every adult (18+ for this retreat). Science shows that humans biologically benefit from time spent in nature. The research is here and stands strong to show us we need to be outside for optimal physical, mental, social, emotional and if it's important to you -- spiritual health. There are so many types of people that this retreat will truly help, but really ANYONE will benefit.
Here is a short list just for fun:
FAQs Quick Links
After online registration/payment, you should receive a receipt of payment in your email. If you do not see one, please check your junk/spam folders. 1-2 weeks before the event you will receive waiver forms to fill out, an items to bring list, a FAQs sheet, driving directions and more logistical information to help with travel arrangements. A few days out, you'll receive a final reminders update with expected weather and any rain plans. Questions? Email Moira and she'll be happy to help you.
- You will be grouped in a pod of 10 or less & rotate you through each experience.
- We are limiting camping to 20 people and will stay in pods for activities.
- Social distancing & handwashing stations
- Please consider getting vaccinated if you are not and wanting to attend.
- If you cannot get vaccinated for health-related reasons, plan to wear a mask for the entire event unless over 6 feet away from others outdoors
- We encourage all attending to get tested 7 days or less before, and to avoid large gatherings 10 days beforehand
- Wear a mask upon arrival and you'll be invited to de-mask by your facilitators when in pods and socially distant
- Sound and yoga will take place in a yoga barn that has great air flow and open doors to allow for safe de-masking